The ministry of community seeks to create a welcoming environment for our church family, as well as to be of assistance to our members in need. This is pursued through activities including welcoming of newcomers, fellowship after worship, social events and picnics; and our helping hands ministry which reaches within our congregation to provide assistance to members in need. Review the activities below and we hope you will join us and become part of the Saint Matthew’s family.
- First Friday Fun & Fellowship Game nights -
- Time to hang out and play a new or favorite board game with your family and/or new friends and families.
- Occur on most of the First Fridays of each month and are held in the parish hall.
- Please bring a snack to share.
- It’s a lot of fun and it’s a night for the family away from the TV.
- Small Groups
- Dig a Little Deeper - Book Group led by Rev. Anne MacNabb
- We meet the last Tuesday of each month at 10am in the Narthex. Please contact Rev. MacNabb or the church office for information on the current book.
- Helping Hands
- Established to help those within our Saint Matthew’s family. Providing meals or other services such as rides to the doctors. Contact Miriam Turner, email@example.com
- Special Events
- Annual Meeting - Sunday, January 29, 2012
- Valentine Dinner Dance - Saturday, February 11, 2012
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner - Tuesday, February 21, 2012
- Palm Sunday - Sunday, April 1, 2012
- Easter - Sunday, April 8, 2012
- Baccalaureate Dinner - Sunday, June 3rd
- Saint Matthew's Day and Confirmation - September 23, 2012
- Oktoberfest - Sunday, October 14, 2012
- Annual Parish Retreat at Shrine Mont - November 2-4, 2012
- Christmas Carol Sing-Along Sunday, December 16, 2012
- Christmas Eve Service and Pageant - December 24, 2012
If you are a "newcomer" to St. Matthew's, welcome! Newcomer Welcome packages that include information about our church and activities are available in the church entrance. Members of St. Matthew's look forward to getting to know you and sharing with you the remarkable ways God is working here. St. Matthew's is rich in relationships that matter. Growing together, we worship and serve, laugh and cry, and learn and apply God's life-changing truths. If you have been looking, praying, and hoping for a place to belong, welcome home!
Let us get to know you better, fill out a Membership Profile form.
If you have any questions about community activities, feel free to contact Heidi Lathrop.
Last Updated on 2/14/2013 4:18:18 PM