Exciting Upcoming Events
LINK Delivery Month is September
September is Saint Matthew’s month to deliver food to those seeking assistance from the LINK Food Pantry. We only deliver Tuesday –Saturday and it takes a couple of hours. The SignUp Genius link is here. If you have any questions about LINK, please email or call Marcia Rugen at / 703-433- 9719.
Back to Church Sunday
It's time to get in your fall groove and what better place to get started than at church. Sunday school for children, teens and adults begins on Sunday, September 7th. Click here to register. Don't forget our new services times: 8am, 9:30am, 11am.
Adult Mission Trip
An adult mission trip is being planned for 12-18 October in New Orleans, LA. This will be a work trip to assist in the continued rebuilding of the city and assisting its residents post-Katrina. A firm commitment of 10 people will be required to make this trip a reality. Contact Pat Pritchett if you are interested.
Clothing Sale and Toy Sale is On!
We'll be combining the Clothing Sale and the Toy Sale into one event on October 4th. As you clean out your closets start to set aside those gently used clothes and toys. We'll need plenty of help leading up to as well as the day of the event so mark your calendar now. Please reach out to either Daryl Coleman at 703-726-0539 or Marcia Rugen 703-433-9719.
Amazon Quick Link
Looking for a quick and easy way to support Saint Matt’s? When making a purchase on Amazon, use this link. That’s it! Using this link will share a small portion of your purchase with Saint Matthew’s. There’s no additional charge to you. Bookmark this link as you begin your holiday shopping! You can even use this link and a scrip gift card and double your impact!
Save the Date
Check out these important upcoming events:
- September 5th – First Friday Fellowship and Game Night
- September 7th – Back to Church Sunday
- September 9th – Outreach Meeting
- September 14th – Youth Group Meets
- September 16h – Backpack Buddy Packing
- September 20th – Conscious Discipline Parenting Workshop
- September 21st – Saint Matthew’s Day
- September 23rd – Backpack Buddy Packing
- September 28th – Communion and White Oak Hike with Rev. Anne
- October 4th – Clothing & Toy Sale
- October 5th – Tailgate Party
- October 12th – 18th – Adult Mission Trip
- October 19th – Confirmation
- October 26th – Dress Up Day
- October 31st – November 2nd – Shrine Mont Retreat
- November 27th – Thanksgiving Community Luncheon
The Vision of Saint Matthew's
To live life at its fullest in Christ.
The Mission of Saint Matthew's
To know and share God's love through the following actions:
- Do all in our power, and then some, to foster, nourish, and sustain authentic, living relationships with God in Christ
- Build a community devoted to becoming one human family in pursuit of God's dream for us
- Promote personal growth so that, with God's leading, help, and grace, we will more fully realize our God given potential and purpose
- Embrace the highest standards, as individuals, families, and a church, of love, dedication, honesty, integrity, and service
Last Updated on 9/1/2014 12:06:06 PM