Exciting Upcoming Events
Confirmation and Reception
The Bishop is coming to Saint Matthew’s on Sunday, October 19th to perform the sacramental rite of confirmation. Any adult or youth (7th grade and above) interested in being confirmed or received into the Episcopal Church, please contact Rev. Anne or Rev. Margaret by August 20th. We will be starting classes soon and hope you will join us!
Adult Mission Trip
An adult mission trip is being planned for 12-18 October in New Orleans, LA. This will be a work trip to assist in the continued rebuilding of the city and assisting its residents post-Katrina. A firm commitment of 10 people will be required to make this trip a reality. Contact Pat Pritchett if you are interested.
Amazon Quick Link
Looking for a quick and easy way to support Saint Matt’s? When making a purchase on Amazon, use this link. That’s it! Using this link will share a small portion of your purchase with Saint Matthew’s. There’s no additional charge to you. Bookmark this link as you begin your holiday shopping! You can even use this link and a scrip gift card and double your impact!
Save the Date
Check out these important upcoming events:
- August 30th – Back to School Movie Night
- August 31st – Blessing of Backpacks
- September 7th – Back to Church Sunday
- September 9th – Outreach Meeting
- September 14th – Youth Group Meets
- September 20th – Conscious Discipline Parenting Workshop
- September 21st – Saint Matthew’s Day
- September 28th – Communion and White Oak Hike with Rev. Anne
- October 4th – Clothing & Toy Sale
- October 5th – Tailgate Party
- October 12th – Newcomers Reception
- October 12th – 18th – Adult Mission Trip
- October 19th – Confirmation
- October 31st – November 2nd – Shrine Mont Retreat
The Vision of Saint Matthew's
To live life at its fullest in Christ.
The Mission of Saint Matthew's
To know and share God's love through the following actions:
- Do all in our power, and then some, to foster, nourish, and sustain authentic, living relationships with God in Christ
- Build a community devoted to becoming one human family in pursuit of God's dream for us
- Promote personal growth so that, with God's leading, help, and grace, we will more fully realize our God given potential and purpose
- Embrace the highest standards, as individuals, families, and a church, of love, dedication, honesty, integrity, and service
Last Updated on 8/15/2014 10:24:25 PM