Exciting Upcoming Events
Welcome, Margaret Peel!
We are absolutely thrilled to announce our new full-time Youth Minister, The Reverend Margaret Peel!
Margaret comes to us from Virginia Theological Seminary in Alexandria, VA, having graduated with her Master’s in Divinity just last week. She is an ordained deacon, and is expected to be ordained a priest later this year.
Margaret brings eleven years experience working with youth in the context of ministry within the Episcopal Church and Episcopal Schools, as well as serving as a leader for a youth outdoor adventure program. In 2001, she graduated from Sewanee, The University of the South with a Bachelor’s in English. She went on to receive her Master’s in Education, with a focus on Nonprofit Leadership, from Belmont University in Nashville, TN, in 2010. Margaret is a native of Nashville who enjoys bluegrass music, bike riding and almost anything outdoors!
Year End Ice Cream Party! Wednesday, June 19 at 6:30PM.
Join us on the front lawn as we celebrate the end of school year by making the largest, gooiest, messiest, ice cream sundae! We’ll supply the ice cream, bananas, & whip cream. We ask that you bring a “goodie” topping to share. This is open to all so feel free to bring a friend or two or three! If raining, we’ll meet in the Parish Hall.
Wellness Panel Discussion
Have you been thinking about your health, fitness, diet, and wellness lately but gotten lost in where to begin? Low- Fat? Low-Carb? Paleo? High-Intensity- Interval-Training? You can get tongue-tied and worn out just thinking about it. We at St. Matt's are here to help! Join us on Sunday, June 23rd at 12pm in the Parish Hall to hear from a panel of congregants - just like you - that have begun the journey, all in different ways, and hear advice and insight into how you can begin yours. This event is open to all so bring a friend!
Vacation Bible School 2013
Join us at St. Matthews July 15-19, 5:30-8:30pm for fun and games that empowers kids to stand strong! Dinner Included! Costs are $40 per individual and $35 for each additional sibling. Three year olds must be accompanied by an adult and must be potty trained. Register here.
Save the Date
Check out these important upcoming events:
- June 19 - End of Year Ice Cream Party
- June 23 - Wellness Panel
- June 24-28 – Mission Possible
- June 30 - Margaret's Welcome and Mission Trip Sunday
- July 13 - Second Saturday Community Picnic Lunch
- July 15-19 – Vacation Bible School
- July 20 – Teaching Youth About Money
New Outreach Blog
Want the latest updates on our Outreach projects? Follow our new blog at stmatthewsoutreach.blogspot.com Be sure to sign up for email updates.
The Vision of Saint Matthew's
To live life at its fullest in Christ.
The Mission of Saint Matthew's
To know and share God's love through the following actions:
- Do all in our power, and then some, to foster, nourish, and sustain authentic, living relationships with God in Christ
- Build a community devoted to becoming one human family in pursuit of God's dream for us
- Promote personal growth so that, with God's leading, help, and grace, we will more fully realize our God given potential and purpose
- Embrace the highest standards, as individuals, families, and a church, of love, dedication, honesty, integrity, and service
Last Updated on 6/18/2013 5:10:15 PM